Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm in a food rut!

I'm having a hard time coming up with anything exciting to make for dinner that will still be good for me.  We've been eating a lot of chicken breasts and ground turkey, and I just feel like I am at a stand still.  It also doesn't help that we aren't that "well stocked pantry" type of house, so I can't just whip something up.




Yesterday's dinner was tasty, but simple.  Cut up some chicken breast, cook in delicious teriyaki sauce, and serve with rice pilaf and broccoli.  While it tasted really good, I feel like I am craving something different.  Tomorrow I think I will make lasagna (still searching for a "healthier" recipe).  I wish that Nick liked spinach, because that's my favorite, but we will be having meat I guess!


What are some delicious foods that you make that are still healthy?  Care to share recipes with me?

1 comment:

  1. I have a lot of recipes but they probably aren't "healthy". Still that doesn't mean that you couldn't make them so by switching to low-fat cheeses and the like! I can't remember what all recipes I've posted where, but here are some links:

    http://ickletarakins.livejournal.com/tag/recipes

    http://aserendipitouslife.blogspot.com/search/label/food%20and%20recipes

    http://southernyankees09.blogspot.com/search/label/food%20and%20recipes

    And remember, anything you eat at home is healthier than eating out (more often than not, anyway). Portion control is a big thing too :) So whereas some of these recipes may have a higher calorie content than you're looking for, it's better than having a cheeseburger at Applebees and if you don't stuff yourself you're still probably doing okay ;)

    ReplyDelete