Friday, February 18, 2011

Random Wedding Stuff

Waiting for Spring!!!
This weekend, I will be going to my first wedding expo!  I don't quite know what to expect, or if I will actually get anything out of it other than some cheap champagne and passed appetizers!  But, I am excited to go nonetheless.  I am ready to really get going with all this wedding planning, but there are a couple of things holding me back (namely, the fact that I am not so patiently waiting to hear if my 3 rounds of interviewing will result in a full time job for me).  


In other wedding news, we have been trying to brainstorm reception sites.  We have two in mind right now, and even though the actual buildings and locations are very different, they are owned by the same company, so the service and food should be very similar.  We are excited to go and take a look at them to really get a feel for what we really want.


On the dress front, my BFF/MOH will be in town this week, and I am hoping that we will get to go and try on some of the new White by Vera Wang dresses for David's Bridal.  There are a couple that I am so excited to try on, since I haven't seen anything like them in my price range!  There is also a couple of Casablanca dresses that I want to try on, too.  I will have to find a salon near me that has them available.




Nick is sick today, but it is a beeeeauuuutiful day out, so I might drag him out to get some fresh air.  One way or another, I will be getting out to enjoy some of the sunshine!  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!



2 comments:

  1. Couple of tips for the expo:
    Bring return address stickers! You hand will get tired of writing down your info for the giveaways at each booth.
    Be prepared for tons of emails, letters and calls. The vendors share your info too so maybe create an email address just for this.

    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is REALLY good advice from Heather!! Rock on, Sistah!! :)
    I never thought of either of those things, but they are both really good ideas.
    Just have fun!! Being engaged was one of my happiest times. :)
    Life is so full of hope and anticipation...and everyone wants to talk weddings and reminisce and/or fantasize about their own. ENJOY IT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete