Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 19 - A Talent of Yours

I don't know if this really counts as a talent, but it's something I can do that I think is pretty darn cool! I know lyrics. lots of lyrics. And not just lyrics, but song titles and artists.

Ever since I can remember, I've known lyrics. Friends of mine can say a part of a lyric and I could probably tell you the song (and if you're really lucky, the year it was released!). I generally have a great memory anyway, but songs are the thing I remember most. A friend's boyfriend once tried to test me out (with music playing at a restaurant). I was able to I.D. all of the songs. He was pretty shocked. I mostly listen to country music, but I know lots of pop, rock, oldies, and even Christian songs. My Dad asks me often when I am going to try out for The Singing Bee and I think I could do just as well on Don't Forget the Lyrics! For now, I will just use my skill to rock at karaoke (I'll pretty much sing anything!).

No comments:

Post a Comment