Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 20 - A Hobby of Yours

This one is a day late, too! forgive me?

hobby n. , pl. , -bies . An activity or interest pursued outside one's
regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.


If I go by this definition of hobby, then I can only think of a handful of things that I do that count. I guess I would have to say that my main hobby is reading magazines. I also read books, but reading magazines relaxes me. I have loved them since my first issue of Tiger Beat (Hanson was probably on the cover!). I remember being sick and my Dad would get me an issue of Seventeen along with my tissues. Right now, I have active subscriptions to O Magazine (Oprah), Sports Illustrated, and Country Living. I will also pick up Real Simple, Glamour, Allure, Brides, Family Circle, Woman's Day, or Marie Claire depending on if I see something appealing on the cover that month!

I admit that I tend to hang on to magazines for far too long. But, in my defense, I do re-read them. There are housecleaning tips in Real Simple that can be used over and over. There are beautiful homes in Country Living that I want to keep drooling over. Family Circle and Woman's Day both have a million recipes an issue (although, I am pretty good about tearing out the recipes and throwing the rest of the magazine away!). If you were to come into my house, there would be a stack of magazines on the bottom shelf of each of the bookshelves in the living room, and another stack next to my bed for night reading. I love magazines!

No comments:

Post a Comment