Sunday, October 23, 2011

Our First Ultrasound!

This past Wednesday, we had our first ultrasound.  Saying that Nick and I were excited to really see if there is a baby in there was an understatement.  At our first appointment with the midwife, she was unable to hear the heartbeat with the doppler since I was only about 8 weeks along at that point.  So, although there were symptoms that made me know I was pregnant, I had not had any real confirmation.

Needless to say, about a day before our appointment, I started having irrational fears (per usual) that there would be something wrong when we got there.  I asked Nick if he was nervous, and of course he wasn't; just excited.  I just had to see the image on the screen to feel better about everything!

We got into the room with the ultrasound tech, and we were both giddy with excitement.  Then we see the little skeleton looking thing up on the screen, and the amount of relief that I felt seeing that was unreal.  Nick squeezed my hand tight, and I finally had confirmation that this was not just my imagination.  Just as we thought, I was 13w3d, and due around April 25th.  At our next ultrasound, we will be able to find out if the baby growing inside of me is a boy or a girl, and that is something that I am SO looking forward to!

So for now, here are the pictures of our little baby.  I have no thought on what the sex of the baby might be, although Nick thinks it's a boy.  A few other friends agree with him.  Most of my family and some friends seem to be calling it a "she".  I think that's because, like myself, they have always imagined me with a daughter.  We will see in 5 short weeks (maybe longer depending on how we plan on doing the gender reveal!).  






No comments:

Post a Comment