Sunday, January 15, 2012

98 Days Until my Due Date!

Nick and I were talking the other night, and although we are getting ready to welcome our beautiful baby girl into the world in about 4 months, we don't feel like this time has flown by like many said that it would.  It feels like so much has happened since we found out that we were going to be first time parents.  And now, things are starting to get really exciting!

There is so much for us to do before the baby comes, but I feel like I have a pretty good handle on things.  We just got our new mattress, which has been amazing for the last 2 nights.  So, in anticipation of that, and still now, I have been working on re-arranging and organizing our bedroom.  We won't need to put too many baby things in the bedroom, so it's really just working on getting a bunch of my old crap out!

We also need to get our living room ready for a baby.  Right now, we have our TV on a fancy glass HDTV stand.  It takes up a LOT of space, and we may need to look for something that will leave a smaller footprint.  We'll also be getting rid of our love seat so that we can fit her swing into the living room.  Ideally, I would like to find a used sleeper sofa to replace the sofa that we have now.  Since our guest bedroom will be converted into a nursery, we will need at least one place where guests can stay if need be!  But, I guess the first thing that I should do is take down our Christmas tree! Don't worry, it's fake!

Then there is the nursery.  This is the room with the most to do, but since we don't really have any furniture yet, there is not much that we can do to prepare.  I have moved everything that I had in my dresser (which belonged to my paternal grandparents) into a hanging organizer in my closet.  This dresser will become her changing table and dresser when the time comes.  Besides the dresser, we don't have anything more for her nursery yet!  We won't be painting since we live in an apartment that we don't plan on staying in for more than another year.  Once I have the furniture, everything will come together pretty quickly since I already have in mind where everything will go!


I do have lots of fun blog posts coming up about our registry, her name, and how I am feeling...so keep your eyes peeled!  For now, I will leave you with a picture from last week when I was 25 weeks pregnant.  Still, only 9lbs more than pre-pregnancy weight and feeling VERY good about myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment