Saturday, March 24, 2012

Almost 36 Weeks!!

Well, here I am with about a month to go until my due date.  How did that happen?  Nick and I have been talking about how everyone says that these 9 months are going to go by soooooooo fast.  They have not.  I feel like I have been pregnant forever, and now it has come down to the home stretch.


We still have some things that we need to do.  Her room is not quite done, although I do plan on spending some time in there today before I head out to a friend's baby shower.  Our room needs to be rearranged a little bit in order to fit the pack and play that we got for her to sleep in when she's littlest.  There is still laundry to do, we don't have a glider yet, we have to get rid of one of our couches to make room for a glider and/or swing, and we haven't packed a hospital bag yet.  Luckily, I work best under pressure and feel good that we will take care of all of this soon!  I am still working full time, although I have looked at the PTO that I have left to use and it's likely that after the 9th, I will be working shortened hours for the last 2 weeks.  One way or another, by the time she gets here, we will be ready for her!


For now, until I have some more fun things to share (like a post about my wonderful baby shoer), here are some stats!




At my baby shower, somewhere around 34-35 weeks!


  • How far along?: 36 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a:  butternut squash
  • Total weight gain/loss:  +20-25
  • The Bump: I still do not have an outie belly button, but it is so close to popping out depending on the time of day, and if she is hanging out right behind it like she tends to!  This week, I have been so itchy that I have been scratching myself raw in my sleep.  I think this means that I am just getting much bigger in the bump area these days and have been doing double applications of organic Palmer's cocoa butter lotion!
  • Symptoms:  Pelvic pain.  Makes it incredibly painful to roll over in bed or put on pants.  Also, insane amount of BH contractions this week.  Also, crazy dreams.  In one, I actually saw the face of the baby, although time will tell if that's really what she will look like!
  • Food Cravings:  I really wanted fish and chips this week, but did not go for it.  Also, cannot wait until I can have a giant Italian sub filled with super salty and potentially listeria carrying lunch meat!
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: No
  • Sleep: Has actually gotten better than in the last few weeks. I am no longer waking up randomly at 3:30 a.m., although the pelvic pain does wake me up when I roll over.
  • What I miss:  Italian subs.  Shopping for regular clothes.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: Off.  I was told to take them off at about 28 or so weeks in case I swell.  With the random 75 degree days that we had this week, I am glad that I wasn't wearing them and didn't get them stuck!
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet:  She is named.
  • Movement: starting to hurt!  She rolls around like crazy, and her kicks are getting stronger and painful!
  • Maternity Clothes: Everything is maternity.  And my jeans that I bought early on are getting quite tight as my hips start to spread out some.
  • Labor Signs: BH contractions.   Nothing more.
  • Best Moment of the Week: Leaving work early to rest off some BH contractions.  No one wants me to go into labor at work. It was a beautiful day, so I went home, opened the windows and proceeded to lay on the couch and catch up on Hulu.
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: At my appointment with the midwife this Tuesday, we are making our birth plan.  Then I move to once a week appointments.  It's getting closer and more real, so at this point, I just can't wait to meet her!!


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment