Friday, May 4, 2012

Hopefully a Final Pregnancy Update!


  • How far along?: 41 weeks and 4 long days
  • Baby is the size of a:  human baby
  • Total weight gain/loss:  +30
  • The Bump: My bump is huge and round at this point, since I am carrying a VERY full term baby.  My belly button never popped, but a couple of times this week when she was pushing right up against it, I thought it was going to.  I only have just a couple of stretch marks, but none of them are really on my bump.
  • Symptoms:  Pelvic pain still.  It's still very painful to turn over in bed.  Also, sharp shooting pains into my cervix, which I thought would be causing me to dilate (but since as of about a week ago I wasn't dilated, I assume that this is not the case).  Also, I am getting frustrated and anxious for this darling girl to just hurry up and join us already!
  • Food Cravings:  Today, I wanted Sesame Noodles from a local market.  Other than that, I have been trying to eat really spicy food to kick start labor.
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Other than watching the chefs on Chopped All-Stars cooking tripe, chicken feet, and whole octopus; no.
  • Sleep: I have generally been sleeping pretty well, without having to wake up during the night other than to roll over.  I do generally wake up in some pretty serious pelvic and leg pain now though.
  • What I miss:  Not feeling this pelvic pain when I lay down.  Wearing my wedding rings.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: Off.  
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet:  She is named.
  • Movement: Still lots of movement, unless I am at the doctors office.  The other day, she was still during my ultrasound and during the non-stress test.  I had to move to either side twice to get her to move around.  This makes my pelvis hurt more.
  • Maternity Clothes: At this point, even the maternity things that I have are starting to get uncomfortable.  I find myself in pajama pants and Nick's t-shirt when I am at home.
  • Labor Signs: BH contractions. I thought I was having real contractions last night, enough to even call my midwife.  Alas, went to bed and they totally stopped.  
  • Best Moment of the Week: Spending time with my Mom and Dad who are up visiting waiting for their granddaughter to be born.  It's been great to get to spend so much alone time with them just running around.  Usually when they are here, there is a million people to see and things to do.  It's been nice just to relax with them and have them around.
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to:  I cannot wait to finally be holding this baby in my arms.  If I don't have her on my own over the weekend, then I will be induced on Monday.  I really, really, really do not want to have to go through and induction, so I am so hopeful that this super moon that's supposed to happen tomorrow will have some kind of effect on my uterus!!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment