Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Grand Blog Reintroduction

I have been thinking about this blog and have been wanting to begin blogging regularly again, but I just wasn't sure where to start.  So, after some thinking, I have decided that a grand reintroduction will be a good way to start!

When I first started this blog, I was a single girl, living with my boyfriend in a new apartment and trying to get a hold of my clutter.  Now, I am am a married Mom of a sweet, little, nearly 10 month old girl.  We are still living in the same apartment, and now with a baby, there is more clutter than ever!  Over the last three or so years, there have obviously been some big changes in my life.  One thing that remains the same is my struggle with the mess.  It's everywhere.  Although I have made some improvements, cleanliness is still something that just doesn't come easy to me.  So, I still plan on blogging quite a bit about the mess, as I did when I first began this blog.

There are some other messes in my life, too.  Miss Penelope can be quite a mess herself.  She is a messy eater, her sleep is a mess, and don't get me started on the clothes.  But, she is the best kind of mess I have ever known.  Being a Mom is truly the greatest thing I have ever done in my life.  But, it has quite a learning curve.  There are some many things that I never knew before I had my own baby, even though I thought being the oldest of 5 had me well prepared.  Marriage can be a mess, too.  It's true when they say that it's not easy.  Nick and I are happier than we have ever been, but there are messes in our marriage, too.  When Nick begins fishing again for the season, it will mean we have very little time together.  Prioritizing family time and "us" time is something that we are continuously working on.  Having a baby has added an interesting dynamic to our marriage.  We love each other, but now we have this little one that we love in a totally different way.  It adds to the love that we have, but it also competes with it at times.  And then there is me.  Sometimes, I feel like I am the biggest mess of them all.  My body has been through hell and back in the last 18 months, and I am still feeling the effects of carrying a baby in me for 9 months, and outside me for another 9 months.  I feel like I look like a mess most days of the week.  And, on the inside, I have many feelings and emotions about motherhood and wifehood that make me a mess a lot of the time, too.

So, I'm Marjorie.  This is One Mess at a Time.  I hope that you'll join me as I continue to blog about the messes (and joys!) in my life!









2 comments: