Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 14 - A Non-Fictional Book


Since I am in school, I think it's only appropriate that I use my text book for this entry. In my Global History to 1500 class, we are using the book "World History in Brief: Major Patterns of Change and Continuity- Volume 1" By Peter N. Stearns. I don't really like the book, because I feel like it gives a lot of information on things that are unimportant and then glances by the things that are very important. Also, my awesome history professor has had to flat out tell us that the book was wrong on a couple of occasions. Since it's "in brief" it doesn't have much detail anyway (which I guess makes sense for a six week class!).


2 comments:

  1. As a history major, I'm definitely curious as to what this book was "wrong" about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing that stands out the most is that it said that the Senate was the most powerful part of the Roman legislature...when in reality the Senate had NO power whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete