Tuesday, September 25, 2012

MSPI like Dairy Free Diet

Since I am breastfeeding, what I eat can directly effect what Penelope eats.  So, she seems to have had some issues with milk protein.  Generally, this falls under Milk Soy Protein Intolerance.  As of right now, I haven't totally eliminated soy from my diet, but that may happen in the future.  So, this means that I have had to eliminate all dairy from my diet.  Obviously, I can't have milk, cheese, yogurt, or ice cream.  But, there is also milk in a lot of surprising things (taco seasoning?!).  My meals have been pretty simple since I have gotten rid of dairy, but I am hopeful that I will be able to get creative soon!

So far, here is what I have been eating on a regular basis.

Breakfast: Vans Organic Blueberry Vitamin Boost Waffles with 100% Maple Syrup.
Lunch:  Fried Egg Sandwich on an onion bagel with a smoothie.
Dinner:  Meat with a dairy free Marinade and veggies.
Snacks:  Hummus with Veggies or Chips, a peanut butter sandwich, or dry frosted mini-wheats.


Here is the smoothie that I have been making!

1 cup coconut milk beverage (So Delicious brand, either original or unsweetened)
1 frozen banana, sliced
1 handful of frozen blueberries or strawberries
1/4 to 1/2 cup of Orange Tangerine Juicy Juice (depending on thickness and how easy the smoothie is blending)


I hope to share some more recipes soon!  What's your favorite dairy free meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment